Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service
The Ooma Telo device allows you to call anywhere in the U.S. for free – all you need to do is pay the applicable taxes and fees. The Telo is easy to set up and even easier to use. Simply connect the device to your high-speed Internet and then to your existing phone. You don’t need to use a computer or wear a headset to make and receive calls. In fact, your telephone will work as it always has, just without the costly monthly bills.
NOTE: The Ooma Telo requires a high-speed Internet connection.
Crisp, Clear Voice Quality with No Dropped Calls
The Telo uses advanced Ooma PureVoice HD Technology to deliver exceptional voice quality and reliability. You’ll retain the crisp, acoustic performance of a landline without the associated costs. Ooma HD Voice Technology delivers stunning realism and fidelity when you call another Ooma Telo user (HD compatible phone required).
Get Peace of Mind with 911 Alerts
Gain some peace of mind when you’re out of the house with 911 Alerts. If anyone dials 911 from your Ooma phone, we’ll immediately send a text message to your cell phone letting you know. You’ll instantly be alerted that there’s a problem, and can respond to the situation appropriately.
Easy Installation with Your Existing Phones
The Ooma Telo has been designed for intuitive and easy installation: simply connect it to your router and your existing home telephone. Most customers are connected and making calls in less than 15 minutes. If you’ve got any questions, the Ooma support website is loaded with dozens of articles, diagrams, tips, and friendly help.
Savings with Ooma
By replacing your landline with Ooma, you could save a bundle.
Port Your Existing Phone Number
Ooma gives you the option of retaining your current telephone number for a fee. If you prefer to change numbers, you can choose a new number in almost any calling area in the US at no extra cost.
Ooma Mobile HD App for Android and iPhone
Save money on mobile calling by tapping into your Ooma account on the go. With the Ooma Mobile HD app you can use your Android or Apple iOS device to bypass your cell phone carrier and make calls using any Wi-Fi or 3G network.
Exclusive Web Portal
My Ooma is the online command center for your Ooma system. It’s the ultimate in convenience – you can check your voicemail and call logs, configure your preferences, upload your Contact List, update your 911 address and much more. Access My Ooma anywhere you have an Internet connection, even from your mobile smartphone.
Ooma PureVoice HD
In today’s connected home environment with Internet file sharing, video streaming, online gaming, and more, there’s a lot of network traffic that your voice calls will need to compete with. PureVoice HD technology allows Ooma to deliver clear audio even when substandard calling conditions exist. Ooma PureVoice HD Technology is composed of five key components:
- Advanced Voice Compression: Ooma uses an advanced voice compression algorithm that consumes over 60 percent less bandwidth than standard VoIP technology. That leaves you with more bandwidth for your other online activities, and increases the likelihood that your voice traffic will be delivered.
- Wire-speed Quality of Service: Even though Ooma uses only a fraction of the bandwidth of standard VoIP technology, those packets need to arrive without delay for optimal quality. The Ooma Telo prioritizes voice packets without slowing down the rest of your network. This way you can enjoy crystal clear calls even as you’re uploading your latest video clips.
- Adaptive Redundancy: Network packet loss is the enemy of VoIP – dropped packets can cause voice to sound stuttered or garbled. The Ooma Telo detects packet loss on your Internet connection and automatically sends redundant packets to boost the clarity of your phone call.
- Encrypted Calls: Ooma takes your privacy seriously. We leverage the same encryption technology that governments use to protect classified data to protect your conversations. This makes Ooma even more secure than the traditional landline.
- High Definition Technology: HD Voice technology doubles the fidelity of your phone calls by capturing twice the speech information of a standard voice call. When you and the other caller both use an Ooma Telo Handset or other HD compatible phone, your voice will sound more natural than ever.
What’s in the Box
Ooma Telo device; Ethernet cable; AC adapter; Quick Start Guide
- Free U.S. Calling: Revolutionary device that gives you free calls within the U.S. and low rates for international calls. Pay only applicable taxes and fees.
- Special Call Features: Service includes caller-ID, call-waiting, call-waiting caller-ID, and online call logs.
- Ooma PureVoice HD Technology: Enjoy unmatched voice quality and reliability.
- Voicemail: Listen to messages hands-free from the built-in speaker with one-touch voicemail access. You can also listen to your voicemail remotely from any phone or web browser.
- My Ooma: Check messages and set up your account preferences online.
- 911 Alerts: Get notified the moment 911 is called from your Ooma number.
- Free In-Network Calling: Call other Ooma number anywhere in the world for free.
- Call-ID Blocking: Use *67/*82 to block or display your caller-ID for outgoing calls.
- Bluetooth Support: Merge your home phone and mobile phone together.
- High-speed fixed-line Internet connection (cable, DSL, fiber-optic)
- 256 Kbps upstream network speed (384 Kbps recommended)
- Corded or cordless home phone, or optional Ooma HD2 Handset
- Intended for residential use only
The device measures 7.5 x 6 x 2.25 inches and weighs 14 ounces. It has 5 VDC, 2 A power. The ports on the devices are a 10/100 Ethernet LAN port, a 10/100 Ethernet WAN port, and an RJ-11 phone port.
Free home phone service with Ooma; Free calling in the U.S. to any phone number; caller-ID, call-waiting and 911 included; No computer or headset required; Option to keep your existing phone number; Low-cost international rates starting at pennies per minute
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 2 x 7.5 inches ; 14.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B002O3W4LE
- Item model number: 100-0211-100
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 1, 2009